Tuesday 11 March 2014

Skype issues in Nexus 4 running Android Kit-Kat 4.4.2

Funny how this is the first blog of my life and it starts with criticism and pointing faults, do expect the rawness in this post.

I was one of the last ones to get the taste of the raw-powered Android called Nexus 4. ( Apparently, two months after i bought it, Nexus 5 released)

Around the same time i fell in love with someone quite distant from me and the easiest option i could think for us to see each other for the time being was ofcourse Skype. ( i know i know just another story, but building up the intensity of the post so bear with me )

This also happened to be the first time i would open up skype in my new killer Android! So we both got on skype video call and it was barely 5 minutes that we saw each other for the first time and the phone completely went black! I tried clicking the screen, there was already no voice and screen was still blank, i tried locking and unlocking the phone and still all blank! I pressed the lock button for few seconds and saw the phone restart on its own. This was my first encounter with the skype issue and i know this was mainly with nexus 4 and android kit kat 4.4.2 to be precise and specific.

I tried the same thing on my friend's Nexus 5 later and nothing like that happened. I tried the same thing on another Nexus running jelly bean and nothing happened. These days my phone even gets switched off after two minutes of a video call.

A phone completely new and empty causing such a problem is like a black mark on the capabilities of such an amazing device and the android kit kat os! I wonder how Google never thought of resolving this asap and nor did Skype! The video above could actually be one of the reasons why this happens to the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment